back then. now.

I've been reminiscin a lot these past few weeks about how things used to be compared to how they are now... especially with music. I miss how easy it was for me to sit and write a song before because I had no one to impress and had zero expectation from anybody... so I would record anything that came to mind or even make songs where I intentionally sound stupid or different, just to try it.... I now realize the value of freedom for an artist... I'm not saying that it's all changed completely and that I've lost my freedom, nawww... I'm saying that the ballgame has changed for me now, it seems... Before, I could do or say whatever I wanted on a track and no one could care less but now I'm a little more limited due to the direction in my music.. a bad thing? maybe, maybe not... I'm just watching and observing. I guess that is Manifest's attempt at cultivating a fanbase and suffering the consequences... haha, but looking at it in a different light, my life and its courses are not in my hands.. and honestly all I can do is thank God for the bad and the good, cuz believe it or not, I am livin my dreammm boiiiii

much love Boston~!

1 comments:

Alvin said...

Hey man, don't lose that original passion you had. I heard your music about two years ago and I thought you were great. It really felt like you were having just fun with your music, with tracks like "Don't Touch It."

Keep having fun with this stuff, even if you "sound stupid."